Sign in to follow this  
Sue

New Year

Hi everybody 

Sorry haven’t been on in a while.  Been a stressful few months.  Apart from Brian I haven’t told anyone but back in October my mum was diagnosed with Metastatic squamous cell carcinoma which is in her neck and chest.  She has had a CT and Pet scan they can’t find the primary source so wanted to put a camera into her stomach but unfortunately she was admitted to hospital with pneumonia and pleurisy.  Mum was in for a week and is now awaiting an X-ray before any treatment can start.  I don’t live far from my mum and visit nearly every day.  I’m just hoping that her treatment will begin very soon has Mum thinks her lump is moving towards her throat.  She doesn’t talk much about it but I will be in touch with her Macmillan nurse to see if they can move quickly has I hate seeing my mum like this.  Once I know she is going to be ok I hope to start coming to any meet ups sometime in the New Year.

Lastly I would like to wish all you lovely people on here a Merry Christmas x

Hi Sue, am sorry to hear about your Mum and hope that she is soon well enough to begin treatment. We are here if you want to talk. Sending you love and hugs x 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sue said:

Hi everybody 

Sorry haven’t been on in a while.  Been a stressful few months.  Apart from Brian I haven’t told anyone but back in October my mum was diagnosed with Metastatic squamous cell carcinoma which is in her neck and chest.  She has had a CT and Pet scan they can’t find the primary source so wanted to put a camera into her stomach but unfortunately she was admitted to hospital with pneumonia and pleurisy.  Mum was in for a week and is now awaiting an X-ray before any treatment can start.  I don’t live far from my mum and visit nearly every day.  I’m just hoping that her treatment will begin very soon has Mum thinks her lump is moving towards her throat.  She doesn’t talk much about it but I will be in touch with her Macmillan nurse to see if they can move quickly has I hate seeing my mum like this.  Once I know she is going to be ok I hope to start coming to any meet ups sometime in the New Year.

Lastly I would like to wish all you lovely people on here a Merry Christmas x

Hey Sue, hope you, Mum and family are holding up. It’s easy to say but try to keep smiling and don’t lose hope, thinking of you all. Enjoy your Christmas xx