Sign in to follow this  
Pam Davey

Am I too old ?

At the age of 58 I have decided that in the New Year I want to study some subjects that have always interested me. I have found some free open university taster courses which I am looking to start with. Not sure if I am too old to be starting with all this learning though ... feeling thoughtful 

Hi Pam

You are never to old to learn something new. I got a 1st class degree at the age of 43. I am 61 now and have been continually learning. This year I passed my driving test in Feb on the coldest day of the year. Have learnt to crochet and to read a  pattern and I am learning to swim. So get yourself booked on the courses and look forward to hearing how you are doing. X

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lynn said:

Hi Pam

You are never to old to learn something new. I got a 1st class degree at the age of 43. I am 61 now and have been continually learning. This year I passed my driving test in Feb on the coldest day of the year. Have learnt to crochet and to read a  pattern and I am learning to swim. So get yourself booked on the courses and look forward to hearing how you are doing. X

Thanks Lynn. I am 58 and also thinking of learning to drive. I failed my test when I was 21 , had lessons again when I was 30 but didn't take my test as I had major surgery. Am signing up to two free open university courses to start with to see how I get on 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lynn said:

Hi Pam

Cracking answer 😊

• Like 1

Ok, I have taken the plunge. I have created an account with Open University and signed up for 3 free taster courses. Watch this space for more info as I go :)

• Like 3

Fantastic!  Personal Development is a big thing.  It should last your whole lifetime.  Even when I'm not on an official course I've got books/audiobooks about self-improvement.

PS my husband is a driving instructor, and I teach theory.  Let me know if you want to talk about lessons 🙂

7 minutes ago, Cathy Jackson said:

Fantastic!  Personal Development is a big thing.  It should last your whole lifetime.  Even when I'm not on an official course I've got books/audiobooks about self-improvement.

PS my husband is a driving instructor, and I teach theory.  Let me know if you want to talk about lessons 🙂

Does he do automatic car Cathy ? 

1 hour ago, Saz said:

Thats great!  You're never too old to learn new things - what courses did you sign up for?

Understanding autism, introduction to child psychology, emotions and emotional disorders, exercise and mental health